Kathryn is a Chartered Accountant with an enduring passion for, and belief in the potential for, rural New Zealand.
She is a Dargaville local, having grown up on a dairy farm at Waihue and attended Dargaville Primary, Intermediate and High School. She attended University in Palmerston North and travelled extensively overseas before returning to Dargaville to work.
She and her husband Andre run a horticultural operation outside Dargaville.
Her instinctive understanding of rural-based businesses means she can give her clients, who operate primarily in the agriculture and horticulture space and range from large multinationals through to family-run operations, the financial information and governance advice they need in order to thrive.
Kathryn has wide-ranging governance experience, including:
- · National Council Member, NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants - Primary Sector Committee (2007-2011)
- · Chair, Dargaville High School Board of Trustees (2012-2019)
- · Chair, Northland Branch of NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants (2005-2006)
- · Member, team involved in the start-up and financial management of Delta Produce Co-operative Ltd (2002-2008)
- · Director, Northern Wairoa Veterinary Club Society Ltd (2017-2019)
- · Committee Member Northland Agricultural Research Farm Inc (2001-2014)
- · Numerous voluntary community governance roles
She is a member of the NZ Institute of Directors and a graduate of the Agri Woman Development Trust's Escalator Program (2017).